So you are thinking of buying a kitchen cooking top. A cooking top can actually enhance the way your kitchen looks. A cooking top which is stylish as well as handy is always an added plus.
The following are a few guidelines when searching for a cooking top for your kitchen
Guidelines for buying the perfect cook top for your kitchen
A cooking top is a great addition for any kitchen, especially those which already have a built in oven.
- The first thing which you must decide before buying a cook top is to choose between an electric and a gas cooking top. Cooktops at are some of the best available and are a good place to start.
- If you are able to afford it induction cooking tops are all the rage these days. But keep in mind that these can be pretty expensive.
- Some cook tops are made up of ceramic glass. These are usually electric cook tops but need to be handled with care. Gentle cleansing every now and then is required to keep these in mint condition.
- The biggest drawback of ceramic cooktops is that they don’t have any rims and therefore are unable to prevent spills. The best thing to do is to wipe up any spills immediately so that they don’t cake up.
- Gas cooking tops are much handy and easy to use. You can easily control the amount of heat using a gas cooking stove.
- The burners of gas cooking tops are usually dishwasher safe so you don’t have to worry about washing them on your own. Simply chuck them into the dishwasher every now and then for a thorough cleaning.
- Induction cooking tops make use of electromagnetism. It even requires specialized magnetic cookware and won’t work with your usual cooking utensils.
- These cooking tops are however considered to be much safer and they heat up faster as well. Meals cooked on induction cooking tops take almost half the time to be cooked when compared to gas or electric cooking tops.
- Make sure that the cooking top you buy consists of a bridge element. If you cook a great deal of food or have a large family these can come in pretty handy.
- The heating elements should be removable. This allows for easy cleaning. Since cooking involves a great many spills some of these can get under the heating elements. Removing heating elements allows you to give the cooking top a thorough cleaning.
- Some cooking tops come with an inbuilt exhaust fan. The fan can help draw the smoke and smells of the kitchen out of the vent into open air. This feature actually allows your kitchen to remain odor free and is usually attractive for people who live in tiny apartments or buildings.
- Few cooking top manufacturers also equip the cooking tops with modular accessories. These might include a deep fryer or a steamer, a grill or a burner.
- The actual size of the burner. The usual standard sizes range from twenty four to forty five inches. However larger cooking tops which may be used on a commercial basis can be as large as sixty inches. The size of the cooker you buy depends directly on the amount of space you have in your kitchen